GR. 8 students from outside DSBN who are entering SWC for GR. 9 in Sept. 2020...
REGISTRATION IS NOW! PLEASE DO NOT DELAY - CONTACT US TODAY!
DSBN Student Registration Form (required for Gr. 8 students who are currently Out-Of-Board):
Student Registration Form Jan 2019 (fillable)
"Make the Move" to High School Guide (DSBN booklet for Gr. 8 students - learn about pathways, programs, course codes, understanding your timetable, and more!)
GR. 8 students entering SWC for GR. 9 in Sept. 2020...
Dear Grade 8 Parents/Guardians:
We are very excited to welcome you and your child to Sir Winston Churchill Secondary School!
Our Open House was held on Nov. 25th 2019. Please contact the Guidance office if you missed collecting registration information.
COMPLETING THE GR. 9 COURSE PLAN IN CAREER CRUISING (DECEMBER):
In December, Grade 8 DSBN students will be completing their Course Plans for the 2020-2021 school year online through the DSBN’s “Career Cruising” website.
I. Students will start the on-line process at their elementary school. Students will access their Career Cruising accounts directly through their e+Learning/D2L account. If there is no Career Cruising icon on your page, look for the link under "Student Tools".
A quick tip for students from students: “Just Google ‘dsbn elearning’”!
II. At home, you can then review and select with your child:
*5 Compulsory subjects and the level of study (Academic or Applied)
*2 Alternate courses from the Grade 9 Elective/Alternate Choices tab, in case all of the electives can’t be scheduled. REMEMBER: Click on the Alternate box, under “Course Information” select “*Gr. 9 Elective/Alternate Courses” and choose your alternates from this group only.
III. On/before a date in December as determined by your home elementary school, your child is required to return a signed (by you) copy of the Course Plan to the Grade 8 Homeroom Teacher.
Additional instructions that should help:
1. The direct link to Career Cruising can be found through each DSBN student's portal (D2L).
2. Click on “Choose My Courses” or “My Course Plan” tab.
3. Review your child’s selections. If your child did not yet make any course selections, he or she will need to click on the + symbol of each individual course indicator; then click on the appropriate level of study (e.g. academic/applied, English/French Immersion); then click on the “Add Courses” tab.
4. Click on each course name for a course descriptions or tap the small blue book on the upper right side to open the complete Student Course Guide in a new window/tab.
5. Blue stars indicate teachers’ recommendations for the level of study for compulsory subjects. We suggest that students and parents/guardians discuss any level discrepancies with the teacher.
6. Once finished, indicate your final approval by pressing the SUBMIT tab and print your Course Plan.
7. Sign the completed form and return it to your child’s homeroom teacher.
Sir Winston Churchill’s Guidance Department