Gr. 9 "Take Our Kids to Work" Day is Wed. Nov. 1st!
Take Our Kids to Work Day
Take Our Kids to Work Day is an opportunity for all Grade 9 students to spend the day at the workplace of a parent, relative, friend or volunteer host.
The date for this event is Wednesday November 1, 2017.
The purpose of Take Our Kids to Work Day is:
· To gain an understanding, first-hand, of the skills required to be successful in the workplace
· To begin to reflect on their career/life planning in their IPP
· To start to formulate an understanding of the type of work they would enjoy and have an aptitude for
· To reflect on what parts of the day they like and don’t like
· To grasp, in a practical way, the variety of career possibilities that are available to them
· To gain in appreciation for the work their parents do
· To increase their motivation to engage in their learning
Parents: Please read the Take Our Kids to Work Parent Guide which will be distributed to all Gr. 9 students in their Period 1 homerooms on Oct.3-5th.
On the back page of this Guide, parents will find a consent form that must be completed and returned by your child to their Period 1 Teacher by October 27th.
Thank you for your cooperation and participation!